Have you heard of Instagram? If not and you have an iPhone or Android, then you should download the free app and start taking some photos now! Instagram is a fun & quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your iPhone, then choose a filter to transform the look and feel of the shot into a memory to keep around forever. Experience moments in your friends’ lives through pictures as they happen. And while you are at it, follow “thecreativestack”. Here are some of my most recent Instagram photos:
You might have heard the news the other week about Facebook buying Instagram for 1 billion dollars, which is just crazy as the app is free. In case you missed it, read the story HERE. Some Instagram Facts and Figures courtesy of http://www.jeffbullas.com:
- Founded in March 2010 with the initial name of “Burbn” by Kevin Systrom and Mike Kreiger with the $500,000 in seed funding. It was launched in the Apple “app” store in November of 2010. In February of 2011 they raised an additional $7 million including an investor called Jack Dorsey of Twitter fame.
- Instagram reached the milestone of 1 million users in December 2010 (only 9 months after being founded and only 1 month after going live in the Apple “app” store)
- In August 2011 Instagram users had uploaded 150 million photos
- 10 million users were using the app by September 2011
- Version 2.0 released including high resolution photo capability
- The release of the Android app version saw 1 million downloads in 1 day!
- April 2012, Instagram reaches the new milestone of 30 million users