Here is a great checklist to go through before starting a logo design:
- Is the logo for the company or a product?
- What is the overall mood of the company?
- Should the logo reflect the mood of the company or is it stand-alone?
- Do you envision something techy or more organic?
- Any colors you have in mind?
- What is the primary product of the company?
- What are the demographics of your customers?
- Who is your competition?
- Where will the logo appear on a product?
- Business cards?
- All of the above?
- What is the purpose of the logo?
And check out this awesome rainbow of famous logos….which are your favorites?
Logo List courtesy of charfishdesign.com.