I am in my thirties, which means all of my friends are having babies. I have been busy making diaper cakes for years now. They are the perfect baby shower or diaper party gift.
What you will need:
- A new pizza pan for the base – you can get these at Walmart for $5
- A new baby bottle – for the center of the cake
- A bunch of diapers – size 1 or 2 work best
- Ribbon – the wired ribbon works nice for tying bows
- A cake topper – rubber ducky or small stuffed animal
It takes a little bit to figure out how to layer the diapers around the bottle. An extra set of hands helps, so that one can hold the diapers while the other one ties the ribbon to hold them in place. Once you get the hang of it, you can put it all together in about 5 minutes.